RIVAGE PM Firmware V5.11
RIVAGE PM Firmware / Editor / StageMix Compatibility
Follow the version compatibility chart in the link below to make sure that all firmware versions are compatible with CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, CS-R5, CS-R3, DSP-R10, DSP-RX, DSP-RX-EX, RPio622, RPio222, RIVAGE PM Editor, RIVAGE PM StageMix, and MonitorMix when you operate the RIVAGE PM system. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
For TWINLANe network cards to be updated simultaneously with their host device (HY256-TL, HY256-TL-SMF), install them into a corresponding slot. If any additional cards are installed after performing the update, please execute the update program again.
To update a Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC), use the Dante Firmware Update Manager or the Dante Updater of Dante Controller.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V5.10
- Factory preset libraries have been added to the following effect plug-ins.
Dual Pitch, Gate Reverb, Reverb, REV-X
Amp Simulate, Analog Delay, Auto Pan, Chorus, Delay LCR
DynaFilter, DynaFlange, DynaPhaser, Early Reflections
Flange, Max100, ModFilter, Mono Delay, Phaser, Ring Mod
Rotary, Stereo Delay, Symphonic, Tremolo, VintagePhaser
- RUio16-D has been added to the Supported Devices list in SYSTEM CONFIG.
Improvements and Changes in V5.10
- Made the following improvements to Global Paste -
- Scene recall and other related operations can now be actioned during Global Paste processing.
- If a destination scene that has not yet been pasted to is recalled during Global Paste processing, the scene data prior to processing will be recalled.
- Added an Automatic follow for Current Scene button to the GLOBAL PASTE destination scene list.
- The destination scene selection is now automatically cleared after Global Paste is executed for manually selected destination scenes. This does not apply to Scene Groups.
- Improved overall scene recall performance.
- Some GUI improvements for CS-R10, CS-R10-S, and CSD-R7 control surfaces.
- Manual channel fader operations now result in smoother audio level changes.
- When Plug-ins mounted in a recalled Scene are the same as in the previous Scene and a plug-in view is displayed during a scene recall, the plug-in view will remain constant during the recall.
- PRE D.GAIN meter point has been changed so that the PLAYBACK signal level during Virtual Sound Check will be displayed.
- “DSP ACTIVATE A/B” has been removed from the USER DEFINED KEY menu, to avoid operational errors.
- When different input ports are patched to INPUT A and INPUT B, the unselected input ports will not contribute to the 256 limit for input patches on the TWINLANe card.
- The PRE D.GAIN meter on the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen is now always displayed, even when a source with no Head Amp is patched to the channel.
Fixed Bugs in V5.11
- Solved a problem in which CUE keys were not lit/unlit correctly when CUE OPERATION MODE was set to BAY and the CUE A/B settings were varied among the bays.
Fixed Bugs in V5.10
- Solved a problem with multiple DSP engines connected (V5.00 to V5.03), in which output patches to a RY16-DA card could be repeatedly re-patched when conflicting patches are made from multiple DSP engines to the same RY16-DA card.
- Solved a problem with CS-R3, in which two SEND LEVEL knobs would appear on the OVERVIEW screen after the console is power cycled or a settings file is loaded, instead of showing PAN & SEND for stereo MIX or MATRIX buses.
- Solved a problem with the CS-R10-S, CSD-R7 and CS-R3 that could cause the DCA/MUTE assignment to appear incorrectly on the OVERVIEW screen.
- Solved a problem that could cause MIDI Rx messages to be missed.
- Solved a problem in which MIDI Control Changes assigned to input channel HPF and LPF may not be transmitted.
- Solved a problem in which SRC was controllable for MY cards which do not include SRC functions.
- Solved a problem in which the RTA would disappear if channels were switched frequently within a short period of time while the RTA was being displayed.
- Solved a problem in which audio output from MONITOR A/B would stop for several seconds during the first DSP switchover after power-on of the DSP mirroring system.
- Solved a problem in which, when MONITOR or CUE was assigned to a custom fader, the numeric display in the channel name area would not be updated until the fader was released.
- A problem was found with multiple DSP engines connected. Rebooting any DSP engine can affect output patches of other DSP engines even if WITH RECALL is disabled for any RY16-DA card via the rebooted DSP engine. This issue can occur upon initial reboot of a DSP engine after initializing the system or loading a project file. Should it occur, please recall an appropriate scene on the DSP engine with WITH RECALL enabled for RY16-DA cards in order to restore the correct patching.
Notices in version updating
- When updating CS-R5 from V4.00, the touch panels may not respond when the update is completed. If this happens, skip the proper shutdown procedure and turn the power switches off and back on again. The console will operate normally once correctly updated to V5.00.
- When updating console or DSP firmware, the progress bar may stop or the update may close with an error. If this continues for 10 minutes or longer, turn the power to the device off and on, and then retry the firmware update.
- It is not possible to update DSP-RX(-EX) when using DSP Mirroring and the engine is in ‘Standby’ state. Please set DSP-RX(-EX) to ‘Active’ state and then proceed with the update.
- The project file saving method has been changed from V1.20.
When loading a project file saved by V1.16 or earlier, the patching of plug-ins may be unintentionally removed. If this happens, manually patch them again.
- When loading a project file saved by V1.21 and earlier, the RACK Focus status indicator on the SCENE screen may not light even if effect plug-ins or GEQs are the target of Focus Recall. To indicate the Focus status properly, open the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) pop-up screen once, and then close it. After doing this, save the revised project file to remove this problem in the future.
Notices in version downgrading
- Do not load a project file saved by V1.51 and later to a system running V1.21 and earlier. When loading, all plug-ins will be un-mounted in all Scenes including the current memory. In this case, re-mounting and setting up of parameters will be required.
- When downgrading the firmware, be sure to initialize all systems after downgrading.
- When loading data including the MixToInput settings of the V3.00 system, the MixToInput function will work in RIVAGE PM systems even of less than V3.00. However, be careful of the possibility of unwanted signal loops, etc.
Notices for usage
- The RIVAGE PM can only play back MP3 and WAV files whose file name is no longer than 60 single-byte characters or 20 double-byte characters excluding the extension. Please note that a file name exceeding this limit will not appear in the list on the RECORDER window.
- An error dialog “Console Network ring connection open! Check cable connection.” may rarely be displayed when the sampling rate is changed on the WORD CLOCK screen. However, it does not affect the actual operation.
- When INPUT patching is performed with the maximum number of channels of the HY256-TL or HY256-TL-SMF card exceeding 256, it appears to be correctly patched but no patch is established and no audio is input.
- In rare cases, a “DSP Disconnected!” message could be shown. If the message appears, take the following course of action:
- Re-Sync manually. Check this first for the fastest possible recovery (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, use the [RESET] button on the back of the console (Operations 1 and 2 do not mute the audio).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the console.
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the DSP Engine (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7) (Operations 3 and 4 mute the audio).
- If you recall a Scene in which a very high HA gain was set, from a scene having a low HA gain, even if no signal is patched, a very loud pink noise signal is occasionally output for a few seconds.
- When a certain type of USB keyboard is connected to the console, the following message may appear:
You must restart your computer to apply these changes [Restart Now] [Restart Later]If this message is shown, remove this USB keyboard. It is not compatible with the console and cannot be used. The console does not need to be restarted.
- When a DSP mirroring failover occurs and the DSP engine B is set to active while the DSP engine A is the word clock leader and is still powered on, the Word Clock leader will not change automatically. To prevent audio dropouts, do not turn off the power of the DSP engine A even after a failover occurs.
- The channel name LCD cannot display unsupported characters such as Japanese kanji used in the Dante channel labels.
- If there are multiple DSPs in the same TWINLANe ring, or multiple HY144-D or HY144-D-SRC cards in the same Dante network in one DSP, only one of the cards should be enabled for SYNC TO EXTERNAL and that card should be set as the PTP LEADER.
- The Dante Domain Manager (DDM) SMPTE flow is displayed as AES67 to patch. There is no problem in the actual operation.
License Agreement and Download File
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020
You Also Need
- HY144-D Firmware V18.104.22.168_3.1.1
- HY144-D-SRC Firmware V22.214.171.124_3.1.1
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.1.1 for Mac macOS 12, 11 (Intel/Apple silicon), 10.15-10.13
- RIVAGE PM Editor V5.1.1 for Win 11/10/8.1
- RIVAGE PM StageMix
- MonitorMix (iOS)
- MonitorMix (Android)
- RIVAGE PM Block Diagram
- RIVAGE PM series Data List
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ データリスト
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [English]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Español]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Français]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Português]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM series V5.0 Operation manual [中文]
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ V5 オペレーションマニュアル
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM10 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM7 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix ユーザーガイド
- MonitorMix User Guide [English]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Español]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Français]
- MonitorMix ユーザーガイド